WE COACH STUDENTS TO BE 'SOLUTIONEERS'
In the fall of 2017, the first FAAS 12 Week Design Intensive was launched in partnership with Pensole Academy X Pacific Northwest College of Art (PNCA). This unique program is not offered in traditional design curriculum. The program works directly with global sport and fashion brands. Emphasis is placed on designing product that is functional (products that enhance or protect the consumer's body or lifestyle in smart, sustainable ways). Students ‘learn by doing’ as they navigate the 'true to industry' product creation processes & best practices. This includes collaborating with cross discipline teams (footwear and color/materials designers) and interacting with global apparel designers and leaders to support a well rounded educational experience. Together the teams work as creative problem solvers building head to toe merchandised collections.
Students learn how to:
• Define the consumer
• Research inspiration
• Build product and consumer briefs
• STORY TELL WITH consumer insights
• CONCEPT IDEAS
• Design sustainably (construction and materials)
• Build professional digital presentations
• PREPARE FOR DevelopMENT- tech packS, patternmaking, sewing, draping, costing,& fittings
• Become better communicators and team players through professional development
We encourage and challenge those who currently design in other disciplines to expand their skill set into apparel & accessories. Become a well rounded, 'head to toe' designer. A world of opportunity is waiting for you. Go the extra mile. Besides....
"IT'S NEVER CROWDED ALONG THE EXTRA MILE" - Wayne Dyer